James H. Groves Adult High School
The Delaware State Board of Education requires a minimum of 24 credits for graduation. Credits can include 4.5 as electives and 19.5 required credits prescribed as:
- English 4 credits
- Social Studies 3 credits
- Mathematics 4 credits
- Science 3 credits
- Foreign Language 2 credits
- Health .5 credits
- Career Pathway 3 credits
- Electives 4.5 credits
- Need additional required courses for graduation.
- Need to work for financial reasons
- Have family obligations and responsibilities.
- Function better in smaller classes
- Click here to apply for an upcoming orientation and assessment session. If you are enrolling in James H. Groves Adult High School classes, you will need to provide an official transcript of all high school credits earned to date. Prospective students ages 16-17 must also provide a letter of recommendation from their previous school.
- School year office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM -9:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM unless otherwise noted, and are in effect September through May.
- Summer office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and are in effect from June through August.
- Attend an orientation and assessment session. Orientation and assessment is completed in 2 separate sessions, each lasting approximately 2-3 hours. All students are required to attend both sessions in order to enroll in classes.
- Meet with a counselor to enroll in classes and establish your graduation plan. Students are required to pay a $40 non-refundable supply fee in order to enroll in high school diploma classes.
Offices are currently closed, and all staff are working remotely. You will be contacted via email and/or telephone to schedule an online orientation and assessment session. Please use the Contact Us box on the home page for immediate assistance.
- Monday/Wednesday mornings, 8:30 AM-12:15 PM
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings, 8:30 AM-12:15 PM
- Monday/Wednesday evenings, 5:30 PM-9:15 PM
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings 5:30 PM-9:15 PM
Credits can be earned through any of the following methods:
- James H. Groves Classes
- Certificate of Educational Attainment 3 (CEA3)
- Employment or training experience
- Technical courses
- Military training
- Higher education courses
- High School courses previously completed
- Community service