James H. Groves Adult High School
The Delaware State Board of Education requires a minimum of 24 credits for graduation. Credits can include 4.5 as electives and 19.5 required credits prescribed as:
- English 4 credits
- Social Studies 3 credits
- Mathematics 4 credits
- Science 3 credits
- Foreign Language 2 credits
- Health .5 credits
- Career Pathway 3 credits
- Electives 4.5 credits
Are you in danger of not graduating with your class? James H. Groves Adult High School In-School Credit classes provide flexibility for students who need additional required courses for graduation.
Classes are scheduled to provide flexibility for students who:
- Need additional required courses for graduation.
- Need to work for financial reasons
- Have family obligations and responsibilities.
- Function better in smaller classes
- COME TO THE POLYTECH ADULT EDUCATION OFFICE to complete a registration packet and reserve a seat in an orientation and assessment session. You can also register online here. You will need to provide an official transcript of all high school credits earned to date. Prospective students ages 16-17 must provide a letter of recommendation.
- Summer office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and are in effect from June through August.
- School year office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM -9:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM unless otherwise noted, and are in effect September through May.
- Attend an orientation and assessment session. Orientation and assessment is completed in 2 separate sessions, each lasting approximately 2 hours. All students are required to attend both sessions in order to enroll in classes.
- Meet with a counselor to enroll in classes and establish your graduation plan. Students are required to pay a $40 non-refundable supply fee in order to enroll in high school diploma classes.
Classes are available at the Polytech main campus in Woodside, Delaware as follows:
- Monday/Wednesday mornings, 8:30 AM-12:15 PM
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings, 8:30 AM-12:15 PM
- Monday/Wednesday evenings, 5:30 PM-9:15 PM
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings 5:30 PM-9:15 PM
Credits can be earned through any of the following methods:
- James H. Groves Classes
- Certificate of Educational Attainment 3 (CEA3)
- Employment or training experience
- Technical courses
- Military training
- Higher education courses
- High School courses previously completed
- Community service