James H. Groves Adult High School
The Delaware State Board of Education requires a minimum of 24 credits for graduation. Credits can include 4.5 as electives and 19.5 required credits prescribed as:
- English 4 credits
- Social Studies 3 credits
- Mathematics 4 credits
- Science 3 credits
- Foreign Language 2 credits
- Health .5 credits
- Career Pathway 3 credits
- Electives 4.5 credits
Are you in danger of not graduating with your class? James H. Groves Adult High School In-School Credit classes provide flexibility for students who need additional required courses for graduation.
Classes are scheduled to provide flexibility for students who:
- Need additional required courses for graduation.
- Need to work for financial reasons
- Have family obligations and responsibilities.
- Function better in smaller classes
- COME TO THE POLYTECH ADULT EDUCATION OFFICE to complete a registration packet and reserve a seat in an orientation and assessment session. You will need to provide an official transcript of all high school credits earned to date. Prospective students ages 16-17 must provide a letter of recommendation.
- Summer office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and are in effect from June through August.
- School year office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM -9:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM unless otherwise noted, and are in effect September through May.
- Attend an orientation and assessment session. Orientation and assessment is completed in 2 separate sessions, each lasting approximately 2 hours. All students are required to attend both sessions in order to enroll in classes.
- Meet with a counselor to enroll in classes and establish your graduation plan. Students are required to pay a $40 non-refundable supply fee in order to enroll in high school diploma classes.
Classes are available at the Polytech main campus in Woodside, Delaware as follows:
- Monday/Wednesday mornings, 8:30 AM-12:15 PM
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings, 8:30 AM-12:15 PM
- Monday/Wednesday evenings, 5:30 PM-9:15 PM
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings 5:30 PM-9:15 PM
Credits can be earned through any of the following methods:
- James H. Groves Classes
- Certificate of Educational Attainment 3 (CEA3)
- Employment or training experience
- Technical courses
- Military training
- Higher education courses
- High School courses previously completed
- Community service