Parents As Teachers (PAT)
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a free early learning program for families with children ages birth to 5 years.
You’ll learn how to:
- Recognize your child’s ever-changing abilities and how you can encourage learning.
- Teach language and social skills, and encourage intellectual development and problem solving.
- Choose the best toys for stimulating curiosity and creativity.
- Discipline fairly and firmly.
Help give your child the best start in life!
As a new parent, you may have many questions about your new baby. What should the baby be doing by now? Is he at the right stage in development? What should I be doing with him? For first time parents, we offer the PAT Program to help you raise a bright, happy child. We offer:
- Personal Visits by Parent Educators
- Family Fun Days
- Stay and Plays
Learn about our
- Personal Visit Program
- Family Fundays
- Stay and Play Program
Home visits allow certified parent educators to individualize and personalize the PAT program for each family and child. Home visits are free to all families and are provided monthly in the home. Parents enrolled in the program will develop a foundation of child development information specific to their own child and can make formal decisions about their child rearing practices. Home visits can start prenatal and continue until the child is 3 years of age. Sample home visit topics are provided below.
Ms. Stephanie Wagner